Think of someone who has a design imagination you really admire. Someone who thinks of things that you don't think about.
- What design possibilities do they see that others miss? How would you characterize the a general area of imagination in which they're strong?
- If you were to to train yourself, or others, to think of design as they think of it, how'd you set up that training?
- Now think of someone who has really good critiques of designs—who sees problems that you might not anticipate.
- What kinds of problems do they see?
- How would you train yourself to see them?
- Zooming out:
- Can you try to make a complete list of different aspects of design imagination, which different people are good at?
- Can you make a complete list of dimensions, along which different designers excel at anticipating problems with a design?